The 20-Something Chronicles: 27 Lessons in 27 Years
1. Set boundaries, and don't feel guilty about it. If you're treated like you're "asking for too much," that's a free pass to walk away.
2. Stop drinking hard liquor, and thinking that you can take over the world. You're literally 100 pounds.
3. A success mindset involves self-serving moves. Your circle may get smaller, but that's also not always a bad thing.
4. Quit giving stress so much power. You're more than your chaotic schedule and endless to-do list.
5. Your goals won't make sense to everyone. And you're wasting your energy trying to explain it to them.
6. When you find your passion, own the hell out of it. It may not seem like the most realistic move, but don't be so quick to write it off. (Pun intended.)
7. Never underestimate the value of being organized. While life isn't always predictable, intentional behaviors can go a long way.
8. Sporadic attention won't solve your problems. Focus less on finding temporary comfort, and more on choosing long-term improvement.
9. Always be cautious of people who don't have their shit together. They're the ones who unload their shit on to everybody else.
10. Your talents deserve a price tag. Your time and skills are valuable, and you should be compensated accordingly.
11. Stop buying $10 salads, and learn how to cook. Your bank account and body will thank you.
12. Fearing change isn't doing you any favors. You can't make serious moves until you part ways with your comfort zone.
13. Your relationship isn't complicated - you're just not right for each other. When you're with the right person, you no longer worry about the logistics.
14. Lurking on others' lives won't make yours any better. "I'm so glad that I spent all of that time scrolling on social media", said nobody ever.
15. Bad vibes don't lie. Always trust your intuition, because wishful thinking will bite you in the ass.
16. Constructive criticism isn't a personal attack. Feedback is essential for growth, and it's time to start embracing it.
17. Work hard, but be patient with yourself. Self-imposed deadlines are a good way to maintain structure, but it's okay to take a chill day once in a while.
18. Stay close to people who make you laugh. Comic relief is a bad day game-changer.
19. To de-clutter your thoughts, start by de-cluttering your space. There’s just something about a spotless room and a scented candle.
20. Remain selective with your energy. Your whole-hearted attention isn’t meant for everyone, so make sure that you’re choosing wisely.
21. Drinking can get real old real fast. There’s no need to drag yourself to the bar just to avoid appearing anti-social.
22. Your mom might have been married at this age, but it’s okay that you’re not there yet. Make decisions based on what feels right for you, not where you think you’re “supposed to be.”
23. Rediscover your love for reading. In our tech-obsessed world, it’s easy to lose touch – but try to bring yourself back.
24. Take your savings account seriously. Because being “bad with money” isn’t cute anymore.
25. The “chill girl” vibe will do more harm than good. It's nice to be well-liked, but it’s much better to be respected.
26. Steer clear from anything that’s half-assed. If the bare minimum can’t be met, you’re in for a hell of a ride.
27. Always embrace new opportunities to evolve. Because I may spit wisdom on the internet, but I still have a lot to learn.